Academic Enrichment Programs, has a number of funding opportunities for undergraduates who are interested in research and/or advanced degrees in the arts, social sciences, and humanities:
1. Beinecke Scholarship: The Beinecke Scholarship awards up to $34,000 to undergraduates planning on pursuing an advanced degree in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
*Contact: Dr. David Artis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*UCSD deadline: February 9, 2015
- U.S. citizen
- Graduating with bachelor's degree between December 2015 and August 2016
- Financial need as verified by UCSD's Financial Aid Office
- 3.6 GPA
- Plans for advanced degree in the arts, humanities, or social sciences (graduate study in
neuroscience does not qualify)
*Details: See http://fdnweb.org/beinecke/.
2. The UCSD Undergraduate Research Scholarships offer several scholarships in a variety of fields with award amounts of up to $4000 for undergraduates working on research projects over the summer. Students who apply must propose to work on a specific research project and may not graduate before Fall of 2015. For a list of the scholarships and details on the application process and requirements, please see https://students.ucsd.edu/finances/financial-aid/types/scholarships/urs/index.html. The scholarships are limited to US citizens, permanent residents, and Dream Act eligible/AB540 students. Student applications are due February 9, 2015. The contact person for the scholarships is Dr. Sophia Tsai, at email@example.com or (858) 534-9014.
3. The UC Scholars Program is open to UCSD students in any major who are interested in pursuing a PhD. This program does NOT require students to be US residents or citizens, so international students are welcome to apply. The program runs for 8 weeks and provides students with housing, a $2800 stipend, free GRE classes, and 30 hours of mentored research a week. During the 8 weeks the program runs, students in this program may not receive any other funding for the project or take any other classes. The application period closes on February 18th, 2015 at 10am. For more information and to apply, see https://students.ucsd.edu/academics/research/uc-scholars/index.html. Please contact Karen Van Ness, at kvanness@ucsd,edu or (858) 534-5791.
Karen Van Ness
Undergraduate Research Conferences & Faculty Mentor Program
Academic Enrichment Programs, UCSD
old Student Center B, Room 207