ECE Design Competition
The ECE Department and Rady School of Management invite you to participate in the ECE Design Competition. This year, the theme is Sensing Fusion. We challenge you to create a device/system that effectively utilizes at least three senses and will make A significant impact in everyday life!
- Each team consists of at least one ECE graduate, one ECE undergraduate and one Rady School student
- Letter of intent (one-page) is due on May 25, 2012 (5 pm) at the ECE Undergraduate advising office (Jacobs Hall 2906)
- Full proposal (three pages) is due on October 12, 2012 (5 pm) at the ECE Undergraduate advising office (Jacobs Hall 2906)
- Presentation to the selection committee: Third week of October 2012
- 10 teams will be selected to receive $1000 for supplies (early November 2012).
- Other teams can still participate in the competition without funding.
- Each team presents their working prototype in April 2013.
- Attendees and committee members will vote for the three best devices/systems.
First prize: $3,000
Second prize: $1,500
Third prize: $500
Winning devices/systems will be permanently housed in the ECE Design Competition Hall of Fame.
Sign up form will be available soon!
Friday, March 16 at noon
Jacobs Hall 2512
ECE and RADY School of Management Mixer:
Friday, April 13, 2012
4:30 PM, Qualcomm Room, Jacobs Hall
QUESTIONS? Please contact:
Professor Truong Nguyen at email@example.com or (858) 822-5554